Friday, February 12, 2010

Reminiscing





My project for this weekend is to finally sort through all our photos.

When I met my Hubby he had just separated from a long term relationship as had I. I guess that's why we clicked, we knew what each other were going through (I mainly thought he was hot!). So he had a whole heap of loose photos taken from albums which he wanted to keep. I have lead a nomadic life until I met him, so I have never really had a proper photo album.

I have also just realised that my youngest is nearly one and I don't have an album or any printed photos of her yet.
My plan for our girls is to have an album each for their first year and then just have family albums.

It's funny sifting through you past.

When I was 19 I never imagined for a second that I would be where I am today. My goal then was to join the Army. In year 11 an Army officer visited our school to talk about a career. I knew that's what I wanted to do. I looked into it a little further only to discover that I didn't meet the height & weight requirements (which has now changed), I was too short and too thin. I was gutted to say the least. My Dad was in the Army as were both my Grandfathers. It seemed perfect. So I had to find something else to do.

Having come from a crafty family I decided to try the local school uniform shop for a job as a sewing machinist. I only lasted 6 months. Who knew after all these years that my first job would now lead to my very small home business.

So here's a few of my fave pictures. I would love to scan some more and put them up. Maybe another time.

























No comments:

Post a Comment